Hytek Better Water offers a number of products and services that filter and clean your water, including:
- Free Water Testing
- Residential/Light Commercial
- Water Conditioners - Residential/Light Commercial
- GE Logix Series with Valve Control
- Fleck Valves and Structural Tanks
- Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Round Mineral Tank Jackets
- Control Valves
- Own or Lease with Option to Buy
- Rent to Own
- Trade-ins Accepted
- 100% Financing Available
- Salt Delivery
How Does Water Softener Work?
Softening water is a 4-step process.
The body of a water softener is a tank filled with resin beads. These beads are covered with sodium ions. As hard water passes through, the resin beads act like a magnet, attracting the calcium and magnesium ions (hardness) in exchange for the sodium ions.
Eventually the resin beads become saturated with mineral ions and have to be "re-charged." This process is called regeneration, and is conducted by the control valve on the top of the tank. The control valve is the brain of the system.
During regeneration, a strong brine solution is flushed through the resin tank, bathing the resin beads in a stream of sodium ions which replace the accumulated calcium and magnesium ions (hardness).
The brine solution, carrying the displaced calcium and magnesium ions, is then flushed down the drain by fresh water. The regenerated resin beads can be used again and again.
Reverse Osmosis Systems
The leading and most effective technology today for processing drinking water is by reverse osmosis. It is the same process that many bottled water companies use.
Model CWW-1 Three Stage Purification
The Three filtration stages ensure that you and your family or business will have the highest quality and best tasting water available.
- Cellulose Triacetate (CTA) reverse osmosis membrane
- Five micron sediment pre-filter
- Carbon post-filter
- High-quality polypropylene filter housings
- Durable injection molded membrane housing
- 3.2 gallon pressurized storage tank with tank valve assembly
- Water-saving automatic feed water shut-off valve
- Decorator long-reach faucet
- White powder-coated aluminum mounting bracket
- Color-coded polyethylene tubing
- Installation kit and easy to follow guide
- 100% factory tested complete with factory warranty
Water Aeration System
The best proven system for the removal/reduction of gases from potable water such as Hydrogen Sulfide, Methane, Radon, Volatile Organic Compounds, Carbon Dioxide, and Odors.
How it Works
Well water enters the unit from the well pump and is sprayed through special non-clogging nozzles. This creates a fine mist, thereby releasing gasses from the water.
- Reduces gases naturally with no chemicals
- Reduces annoying odors
- Years of low cost operation
- Durable, high density polyethylene blow molded construction
- Channel design top for outstanding rain water drainage
- Ultra violet resistant
- Moveable Base
- Flat inlet outlet connection areas
- Recessed screen
- Constructed of FDA approved components
- ½ HP submersible pump, 115v or 220v
- Optional pressure tank
- Three modes of operation; meter immediate, meter delayed, or time clock delayed
- Double backwash feature offers optimum regeneration, cleaning ability, and efficiency
- 36 selectable pre-programmed regeneration cycles
- Backwash and brining ability up to 22" diameter tanks
- Downflow/upglow regeneration
- Stores system configuration and operation data in memory when power is shut down
- Capacitor back-up with up to 2 hour power carry over
- Treated water regenerant refill